Logo

2001 43GL Trim and Heat gauges questions

loser

Recently bought a used Stingra

Recently bought a used Stingray 200CS with this engine and have a few questions since the trim and heat gauges doesn´t work.

1) Where is the heat sensor located on the engine?

2) Rumours says that the trim gauge wiring was extra on the Stingray so the wiring isn´t done from factory. Any place to find wiring schematics?

Regards

//David

"Removed the instrument panel

"Removed the instrument panel and made some measurements. The trim guage had ground and +12v to it, and also a black / white cable that seemed to have around +8v to it. Ran the trim up / down but that value didn´t seem to change much. The gauge indicator never moves. Any ideas?"

"You can find some of what you

"You can find some of what you are looking for at at:
http://www.dougrussell.com/partscatalog/volvo_omc/
Go to "Volvo Parts" and then down the list to "Year 2001-up".

But if I recall correctly, the sender for the temp gauge is mounted on the thermostat housing (been a while though since a 4.3 engine).

For Volvo manuals, the sometimes have wiring diagrams, go to www.volvopenta.com, then on to "marine engines" and do a "publication search". There is a lot of good info there. Very handy to have your units serial number before you search."

"Thank´s. Had searched for the

"Thank´s. Had searched for the manuals at the VP site, but to no success. Looking at the other link I can see the thermostat, but it doesn´t look like the temperature sensor is located there.
Do anyone know if you can either ground or put +12v to the guages to see if they actually work?"

"An update in case anyone else

"An update in case anyone else runs in to a similar problem. The trim gauge and the sender on the stern drive had never been connected. The wiring was done, but just not finished. I´m still trying to figure out what to do with the Temp gauge. The gauge is working, the audible alarm on the engine sets off if you ground the sender cable back at the engine, but the gauge needle doesn´t move. If you ground it up at the instrument panel, the gauge needle moves, but the audible alarm don´t come off. So somewhere in between there is a bad connection."

Back