Logo

AQ 120 B Electrical

ddutton

Contributing Member
"Well here we go again. Had bo

"Well here we go again. Had boat out and it was running fine then everything died. Wouldn't turn over, leg wouldn't lift, tac and temp frozen. Tried the main fuse reset on the engine, nothing. Tried disconnect and reconnect battery. Battery is fine as wippers will work. Any suggestions?"

"Hi David, sorry to see that y

"Hi David, sorry to see that you are having trouble again.

Measure voltage between each of the two terminals on the thermal fuse and ground. You should have 12V in either case. If not, the automatic fuse is either tripped or NG.

Check also condition of the ignition switch and associated wiring.

Check also the small 5-pole starting relay (should be nearby the thermal fuse); because of its location it can get full of water, in which case you will have problems when you attempt to start. And also make sure there is a good ground between the engine and the batteries.

Good luck."

"I just bought a 1989 baretta

"I just bought a 1989 baretta super sport 200 which comes with a 4 cyl130 hp volvo, can anyone tell me how I can find the model # of that particular engine?

thanks"

"Thanks again El Pescador. I p

"Thanks again El Pescador. I put a srewdriver across the contact on the master fuse and it kicked back in, didn't do anything when I pushed the button on top. Works fine now but do you think bad fuse or possible short somewhere that comes and goes. Cheers."

"I took out the main fuse and

"I took out the main fuse and one of the wires was loose, I hope that's it. Like Red Green says,"If they don't find you handsome at least they find you handy.""

"Hopefully that will cure it.

"Hopefully that will cure it. How's your boat doing, otherwise? Did you get the right prop?"

"Boat runs pretty good. Haven&

"Boat runs pretty good. Haven't decided on a 15X11, to bring rpm up or a 14X15. They are always a little tricky to warm up but after that they are good to go. Again thanks for all your help."

Back