Logo

2005 Suzuki DF90 Water Circuit Is my diagram correct

handric

"Hi! I live in Portugal and ne

"Hi! I live in Portugal and new in this forum. I would like to understand the cooling water flow in my new SUZUKI DF 90 EFI (2005).

The first time I run the engine there was no telltale. I insisted some days later and there was a telltale. Unfortunately, a month later there was no telltale again. All the tests were made with the muffs.

Then, based on the Suzuki Parts List, I made the attached diagram for the water flow.

I would appreciate very much if someone could confirm if my diagram is correct. According to this, when no water flows out of the pee hole (and since no blockage exists in the tubes) then a water pump/impeller failure should be the only reason for the problem. Thank you very much.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>http://www.marineengine.com/discus/icons/mime_txt.gif""" align=left alt=""text/plain"">Diagram
[url=""][b]Diagram.txt[/b][/url] (0.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>"

"I could find out that the tel

"I could find out that the telltale failures were due to low water pressure at my place.

In fact, when using the muffs water flows out from several holes in the bottom part of my Suzuki DF90 – I don’t know the function of these holes.

If water pressure is low, the water circuit of the DF90 is not completely filled and there’s no water flowing out of the pee hole.

In my case, having in mind that the low water pressure in my place, I solved the problem in the following way:

- First, I started by feeding water to the DF90 using the muffs
- Second, using two pieces of adhesive tape I blocked a pair of those holes in the bottom part of the DF90, from where water flows out
- Third, I started the DF90
- Now, water flows out of the pee hole even if I remove the poeces of tape, meaning that the water circuit is dully filled assuring continuity of the water flow through all parts of the engine

Thanks"

Back