Logo

Trolling motor wiring

I

I.M. Hartman

"I need a simple wiring instru

"I need a simple wiring instruction for a 12/24 trolling motor. I wish to use one 12v trolling motor battery and one 12v engine starting battery. I don't want to wire so 24v goes to motor and causes problems there. Thanks
[email protected]"

"I.M.

You could try this [u

"I.M.

You could try this Trolling Motor site. They seem to have some online wiring diagrams that might help you.

If that doesn't work you could try the trolling links in our directory.

Regards,
Andrew Menkart
MarineEngine.com"

No luck anywhere. This is a s

No luck anywhere. This is a simple hookup I thought of three wires ????? Anybody ??

"Several options here. The thr

"Several options here. The three wire hookup is the same as what is used in a house. You have three wires coming into your house. Two are at 120V each and the third is neutral. From one line to neutral is 120V and between the two 'hot' lines is 240V. You can do the same thing here. Connect the negative end of one battery to the positive end of the second. See below:

+ Batt1 -(wire)+ Batt2 - ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss | | | |
|==12V==|______|==12V==|
| | |
|=========24V==========|

Since the trolling motor is 12/24, you could also put in a toggle switch that switches between the single and double battery combination for low battery times so you have plenty of engine starting battery power available. Make sure you use marine quality electrical supplies for safety. E-mail at [email protected] if you need any other help with this.

Art"

"Several options here. The thr

"Several options here. The three wire hookup is the same as what is used in a house. You have three wires coming into your house. Two are at 120V each and the third is neutral. From one line to neutral is 120V and between the two 'hot' lines is 240V. You can do the same thing here. Connect the negative end of one battery to the positive end of the second. See below:

+ Batt1 -(wire)+ Batt2 -
| | | |
|=12V==|_____|=12V=|
| | |
|=======24V=======|

Since the trolling motor is 12/24, you could also put in a toggle switch that switches between the single and double battery combination for low battery times so you have plenty of engine starting battery power available. Make sure you use marine quality electrical supplies for safety. E-mail at [email protected] if you need any other help with this.

Art"

Sorry about the double input.

Sorry about the double input. I could not get the diagram to come out right. It looked good in the add a message box because of end-spacing.

Art

Back