Logo

NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR CHRYSLER 318

R

richard gerlach

I own an '75 Orrion ski b

I own an '75 Orrion ski boat with a chrysler 318 engine. The water pump impellor got old and schredded. I replaced the impellors but when I ran the engine it appears that there is pressure but no water flow through the right side of the engine. I'm assuming that the rubber pieces from the pump have gone into the water jacket and plugged it up.I assume that I'll have to tear the engine down but wonder if there's a simpler way. Any suggestions? RT GERLACH @ JUNO.COM

"Richard,
Have you checked ev

"Richard,
Have you checked every place that the rubber could have gotten clogged before the block...? Oil cooler? I'm afraid that you are going to have to at least start tearing it down to locate where the problem is.
Regards,
Andrew"

" Suggestion, use the 318 for

" Suggestion, use the 318 for a mooring and install
a Chev. "

" I like Chevys also, but lets

" I like Chevys also, but lets not go crazy yet. Have you tried back flushing, say with a garden hose or possibly a pump of some sort to dislodge lost impeller pieces. Sort of a last ditch effort before a tear down. Good luck, keep us posted, Kim "

" Back flush the block with a

" Back flush the block with a Drain flusher, the kind that expands with pressure and wait, it'll come flying out with little difficulty. Tearing down the engine should not be needed. You can obtain the drain flusher at any hardware store and it's easy to use and cheap. "

Needed : Exhaust bellow (b

Needed : Exhaust bellow (boot) for a 77-78 Chrysler 300 sterndrive powered by a LM318. Can not locate one anywhere. Maybe a suggestion to rerout exhaust or simple way to modify what I have?

Back