Logo

43 Gl Overheating Problem

mauro

"Hello, After reading in this

"Hello, After reading in this forum a think i need to replace the impeller and this is the diagram of what i have.
my question is if i need to take the belt out or the impeller will just come out if i remove screw #8 and cover #9 thanks in advance. If it is not the impeller what else can cause the overheating? how can i test the preassure from the water pump?
24106.jpg
"

"#8 is the screw holding the i

"#8 is the screw holding the internal cam#9 - do NOT unscrew. Take out screws #6, off cover #7 and out the impeller. To me it looks like plug #3 is located at the wrong side. It should be between impeller #4 and cover #7"

"Morten, it seems to me that #

"Morten, it seems to me that #3 is not the plug, but the lip seal."

"Thanks for your help, I did n

"Thanks for your help, I did not see #3 inside i just pull out this impeller, shoul i check something else before assembling??

Thanks
24114.jpg
"

"I was not quite sure, that is

"I was not quite sure, that is why I described it as 'plug'. On the drawing it looked to be included in the impeller kit (ref the other discussion about the AQ125 impeller).
PS: I hope Mauricio found all the missing pieces of the impeller!"

"Mortel i did not find any mis

"Mortel i did not find any missing piece from the impeller, is there a problem with that? where can i look for them? do i need to find them?"

"If You have a heatexchanger t

"If You have a heatexchanger there would probably be some at the inlet side. If raw water cooled, they may be everywhere. Sometimes they get stuck in the thermostat, sometimes in the exhaust manifolds. Depends a litle of the sizes of the pieces. Just keep an eye on the temp!"

"Hello, after replacing impell

"Hello, after replacing impeller i have a small leack and also temperature is at 175-180 when idle speed but goig about 25 to 30 mph it raises to 215 or so where i draw the red line in the attached picture. If I resume idle temperature drops to 175-180 again. Do you think i have some pieces of ruber from the old impeller? where can i look for them?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mauro.

24430.jpg
"

"Is your engine fresh or raw w

"Is your engine fresh or raw water cooled? If waw water cooled, the bits of impeller are likely in the manifold/risers, but if it is fresh water cooled they are likely trapped in the heat exchanger raw water inlet. Consider removing the discharge hose from the raw water pump and backflushing the heat exchanger if fresh water cooled, or removing the risers for inspection if raw water cooled; also check thermostat housing and associated hoses (consider backflushing the hoses between the exhaust manifolds and the raw water pump)."

Back