Logo

Aq131a starter wiring

T

thomas gee

"can you please tell me soleno

"can you please tell me solenoid wiring if known.the right slide on connector is yellow with a red stripe , with no wire on left side of solenoid.also how many wires go to battery post on starter."

"On the upper, large post yuo

"On the upper, large post yuo are supposed to have two wires: a one coming from the battery switch, an one coming from the (+) of the alternator. The yellow wire with red stripe runs from the prong at the right side of the solenoid to the small 5-pin starting relay. There should be no wires attached to the solenoid left connector."

thanks for the quick reply it

thanks for the quick reply it was agreat help!

"If you want a photo, I can se

"If you want a photo, I can send you one from this exact location. Just give me an e-mail address."

Can someone send me a photo of

Can someone send me a photo of the wiring of the starter and alternator of a AQ131. Thanks

"i see the yellow wire on sole

"i see the yellow wire on solenoid. i see 2wires on large top post,red.but there is an extension of thAt post with more red wires do you know where they go?"

"On that "extended" po

"On that "extended" post/terminal, you have the following wires meeting up:
- + incoming from battery
- + from generator
- + feed to the automatic circuit breaker above (the main feed for "everything" on the boat)
- a "tap-off" to a large in-line fuse (50A feeding the trim/tilt motor)

I can scan or send you a complete diagram if you like."

thanks for the quick reply i w

thanks for the quick reply i will check it out tommorow

"No worries. Best of luck. It

"No worries. Best of luck. It is "pretty basic" - once you know what you're looking for
happy.gif
"

Back