Logo

Water in the oil pan

"Okay I know the usual suspect

"Okay I know the usual suspects such as head/head gasket/cracked block, but on an AQ130C is there any other issues that may cause the problem? I was out trolling and over the course of an hour or two enough water got in the oilpan to force oil/water mixture out of the dipstick. Motor was running fine until noticed that problem.lol"

"Check Your raw water pump. If

"Check Your raw water pump. If the forward seal is pushed back covering the drain slots in the pump and starts leaking, it may fill the engine with water."

The only raw water pump is the

The only raw water pump is the small brass one on the front of the engine. Only way water can get to the motor from this is if it were to enter along the impellor shaft. Seals all look good there. What about the oil cooler. Is there any way that can be damaged and allowing water to mix with the oil.

"Just check that the froward s

"Just check that the froward seal has not been pushed back and covers the drain slot!
Oil cooler, hardly. The oil pressure is much higher that the water pressure, suction side of water pump. A leak here normally results in engine oil out with the water. I would double check the raw water pump, and do a compression test."

I'd still take a look at t

I'd still take a look at the oil cooler. Take apart (and clean since you have it in your hand) and replace the o-rings.
Seen many cases when the culprit for water in engine oil actually has been the oil cooler.

The compression test came out

The compression test came out as 130-135 throughout all 4. (It is a 1975 model). The plugs are clean and no sign or symptoms of any issues with the water coming in through the exhaust. I just want to cover other bases before pulling the head. Want to do a complete rebuild this winter but salmon season on Lake Michigan is fast approaching....

Back