Logo

Stuart P66 engine

david

" Does anyone know where I can

" Does anyone know where I can find parts, service and information for a Stuart P66 engine. 18 hp, 536 cc, built in 1969, 2 cylinders. They were built in England. "

" David,
Yes, there is a comp

" David,
Yes, there is a company in Essex, England that still sells parts and literature for the Stuart gas engines. I don't think that they have a web site (feel free to correct me, anyone, if you find that they do), but their address and phone is:

Fairways Marine Engineers
Bath Place Wharf
Downs Road
Maldon, Essex
England CM9 5HU

tel: (01621) 852866/859424
fax: (01621) 850902

Good luck.
Andrew "

I have a Stuart P66 also.
I

I have a Stuart P66 also.
I belive my engine is getting to hot while running. Do anyone know how warm the outgoing seawater should be at the most?
And how much water is suppose to run through the engine per minute at max speed ?

If by Seawater you mean salt

If by Seawater you mean salt water don't let the water temp go over 143 degrees F. If you do you will percipetate the salt out of the water and block all the water passages. Don't salt water cool.Use a keel cooler or heat exchanger. Discharge the seawater from the heat exchanger down the exhaust pipe and a small "Tell Tail" over the side. Don't put a shut off valve in the water discharge line for the "Tell Tail". If you want to dry out the exhaust line at shut down a valve in that line is acceptable.

"i have a stuart turner engine

"i have a stuart turner engine which i would like to restore, as i do not have any information on this engine could anyone please shed some light. makers plate is well worn and what i can make out is,
P6
5HP
1650 RPM
13A077
is there anywhere i can get parts as the water jacket has burst, also what size boat would it be suited, any help would be great and could be e-mailed to me at [email protected] thankyou."

"Tony,

You should contact F

"Tony,

You should contact Fairways Engineers in England, their address is in one of the message above yours. They will have some parts and a owner's/operators/parts manual for the engine.

You could also try placing a wanted ad in the classifieds section of this site. Unfortunately, the cylinder / water jacket is usually the first thing to go, so they will be hard to find.

In some cases it is possible to repair a broken water jacket, by welding, lock'n'stitch, or epoxy.

Regards,
Andrew"

" hi, me again, a chap is sell

" hi, me again, a chap is selling a stuart turner P5 would the clyinder/water jacket fit on my P6? as he seems to think the only differance between the two is carb and a few small changes. thanks for your quick replys, tony "

" Tony,
Good question.... I&#

" Tony,
Good question.... I'm not really sure of the answer.

It appears that the P5 and the P6 are both 2-3/4" bore x 2-3/4" stroke. But I have a spare parts list for the P5 and P55 and it lists the cylinder, and it does not say that the same cylinder can be used for the P6 and P66 (it doesn't say they can't either).

Have you contacted Fairways Engineers? They could tell you for sure. Let us know what you find out.

Regards,
Andrew "

" hi Andrew, ive just faxed Fa

" hi Andrew, ive just faxed Fairways and will let you know if the P5,P6 cylinders can be interchanged, would you know the rust removeal method with mollases and is it any good? thanks Tony. "

" Tony,

Good...

I have n

" Tony,

Good...

I have never tried mollases to remove rust, but I followed the discussion about it on OldMarineEngine... and it wasn't on April 1st.

It seems like a low cost, low energy method that you could try. If it didn't work well enough you could try some of the more aggressive methods later.

Regards,
Andrew "

" hello once again, Fairways f

" hello once again, Fairways faxed me back about the cylinder swap P5/P6 and yes they are the same, the new price is a staggering £377.60 and they only have one left. i bought another running P5 which i will have the cylinder off which is a shame to split as its complete, ill have to advertise for another. in the near future could you help on a few questions on keel cooling and dry exaust systems for the stuart. thanks for your help, tony "

" Tony,

Glad you found that

" Tony,

Glad you found that information!

I am not suprised about the price, a cylinder is a complicated casting and would be very expensive in limited quantities. Replacement parts often cost much more than the "value" of one of the older engines.

I would be happy to try to help with any other questions, and if I don't know the answer, hopefully someone else will!

Regards,
Andrew Menkart "

" hello again, how tight shoul

" hello again, how tight should the cylinder head nuts be on the p6, the only difference between the p5 and p6 as far as we can see is the starting handle mounts and small carb mounting differences. "

I have a p66 10hp and am inte

I have a p66 10hp and am interested in keel cooling. Happy to hear from anyone who has any ideas on the topic. Make/models of coolers etc.

Cheers

Mark

Back