Logo

Aq130c %3cIMG SRC%3d%22httpwwwmarineenginecomdiscusclipartsadgif%22 ALT%3d%22%22 BORDER%3d0%3e

rickycool14

ok so i got everything fixed s

ok so i got everything fixed she was running great then i started to hear a knocking sound around the middel of the motor a bearing or somthin should i sell the boat or rebuild the motor any idea and how much ruffly would it cost to rebuild????

How do you know it is a bearin

How do you know it is a bearing? Could the engine be misfiring or something of the sort?

im sure its not a missfire ..

im sure its not a missfire ....... she knocking u can clearly hear it .... also what other engine can i bolt a penta 270 outdrive to ??

"Knocking could be originated

"Knocking could be originated by a number of reasons, including the carbs not being synchronized or faulty ignition timing. To verify that a bearing is gone and has caused damage you could drain the engine oil through a cloth and look for metal particles (you can also pass a magnet through the sediment). Another way is removing the oil filter, cutting it open and looking for metal particles.

Regarding your second question, basically any 4 and 6 cylinder (in-line) OHC or OHV Volvo marinized engines will fit your bellhousing: AQ 120, 125, 131,140, 145 , 151, 165, 170."

Back