Logo

Exhaust Bellows Flappers

V

VPelletier

"Another bellows question.....

"Another bellows question........I sucked water into some cylinders, I'm assuming it sucked in when the engine " dieseled " on me. Got the water out, and new plugs etc....runs fine now, no obvious damage ( except fried starter ) Can I replace my bellows with a new one with a flapper ?? or could this restrict flow ??? The engine is a 4.3 GL"

"What sterndrive are we talkin

"What sterndrive are we talking about? The 270 has its own flap in the exhaust, and so does the 290. The 280 typically has an exhaust bellows with a flapper inside, although a flapper could also be riveted to the sterndrive exhaust (same as the 290). In my view, the best is to stick to original configuration."

"Not sure what the outdrive is

"Not sure what the outdrive is, not a real gear-head.....lucky my friends are.Can I see the flapper normally, or do I need to undo one end of the bellows ??"

Looks like mine is the 280....

Looks like mine is the 280......Anybody had a back flow problem with dieseling or run-on ???

You could also get water insid

You could also get water inside some cylinders if the exhaust manifold is perforated. Were all of the flooded cylinders on the same bank (port or starboard?)

Back