Logo

Water ingestion

P

paulw

I have put a cam in my 454 an

I have put a cam in my 454 and now have water being sucked back into exhaust due to cam duration.I have tried Mercs trowel procedure from the service bulletin but still have problem .Any ideas

" How do you know this is the

" How do you know this is the cause? Not sure what Merc's "trowel procedure" is, but two things come to mind: water is entering your exhaust too close to the ports or water is entering the combustion chambers from some other source like a cracked exhaust manifold or head gasket. I can't imagine reversion from the cam actually drawing in water unless something else is wrong. "

"croozertoo,
Thanks for answe

"croozertoo,
Thanks for answering so many of the recent questions... drop me an email sometime.
Regards,
Andrew Menkart
MarineEngine.com"

" if you're getting revers

" if you're getting reversion, you've got WAY too much cam, go to less duration....in a boat you want Torque, not HP !! "

" Hi PaulW,

Did you ever fi

" Hi PaulW,

Did you ever find the source of your ingestion. I just had my 454 rebuilt, change the cam(bought it from an auto parts store), the heads, new rings, a couple of the valves. I am getting water in cyl. 2,4,1&3. It seems the water is coming out of the collector back through the raiser. "

Back