Logo

AQ145A Head

gryg1

Regular Contributor
"El Pescador.you advised me to

"El Pescador.you advised me to get a head for my motor and said it could be 1982-1984 Volvo 240,740,760 cars.my question is does it matter if the head is a fuel injected head or does it have to be a gas head.if the injected head is to be able to use is there much modification to be done.
Thanks"

"Stan, a couple of years ago I

"Stan, a couple of years ago I had a fuel injected head that I intended to marinize. After thoroughly examining it, my impression was that it should work if the fuel injection ports were plugged. However, I never finished that project, so I cannot tell you whether I was right or not in my assumption. I can ask this coming week to a Volvo autowrecker in my area, but I suggest that in the interim you should aim for a carburated version just to be safe."

"if possible can you ask him,b

"if possible can you ask him,because there is lots of these fuel injected models here that i can get for between A$75-A$300.$300 being completly rebuilt.the gas one is very hard to find and am still looking"

"Stan, the response I got from

"Stan, the response I got from the local Volvo wrecker is that they have sold quite a few automotive fuel injected heads to used in marinized engines, and that what you have to do is to get frost plugs of the appropriate size to blank the fuel injection ports. If you go that way, remember also to use your current marine camshaft, as you won't get the same torque with an automotive camshaft."

"Also, you may want to take yo

"Also, you may want to take your old cylinder head to the wrecker, just to visually compare it with the new one so that you can make sure that there are no surprises."

thats fine but does anybody kn

thats fine but does anybody know if it will work after I do all the work.and what is "frost plugs"

"Stan,

Frost plugs are caps

"Stan,

Frost plugs are caps that are pressed in the block and head with the intention that they pop-out in case of freezing, thereby preventing the block or the head from cracking. In your case, they would just serve the purpose of blanking the fuel injection ports.

Regarding your question, I see no reason why the head would not work, as all the dimensions and bolt patterns are identical to the marine version. Same block, same exhaust manifold pattern, same intake pattern, etc; the only difference is the existence of the fuel injection ports which, as I said, can be safely plugged. If you have further questions about this you can try to contact the folks I talked with yesterday. Here is the link to their website:

http://www.chapmanmotors.ca/volvoparts.html"

I have done this operation a c

I have done this operation a couple of times by making threads and installing set screws with loc tite.

Back