Logo

Aftermarket ignition system

ironnutts

"does anyone know if a afterma

"does anyone know if a aftermarket ignition system for a car work for my merc 4.3 v6. Like a MSD , CraneCams ignition. Because i have a Crane hi-6 with a ps92 coil (Which is for racing only applications) the ps91 coil is the street legal coil, but i didnt feel any difference. i have it installed on my car. i can totally feel the differents with it in my car. but will it work for a boat motor. The ignition system suppose to give a larger spark. it also helps save gas. anyone know if it work for my mercrusier 4.3 v6 carb. with a thunderbolt ignition?"

"an MSD box will work on a boa

"an MSD box will work on a boat. An MSD 5 or 6AL. The result is a burst of multiple sparks. You may notice a difference in idle, transient throttle conditions and WOT smoothness. Flip side: expense, plug wear and minimal gain. MSD's are great for engines with more aggressive cams that tend to load up the plugs at low RPMs/idle."

how about the crane cams syste

how about the crane cams system the Hi 6 with the ps92 coil. should i use the same diagram to install it as if i was going to install it in a Chevy blazer with 4.3 v6? Also not expensive if you already have one.

"These systems are designed fo

"These systems are designed for non-marine environments. I have used the MSD-6m (m for marine) triggered by the points and it works wonderfully. The thunderbolt ignition suystem will need to be removed as it wont interface with after market system. BUT WHY, the t-bolt IV sytem has proven to be very reliable."

Well with the coil that i have

Well with the coil that i have the ps-92 when i installed it in my car i felt the improvement big time. when i installed the ps91 it still felt stock. which is the most common sold to people that purchases aftermarket ignition systems. i wanted to put this on my boat to see if the coil would improve the power but i can only install the coil with the ignition box.(the box is like an amplifier)

Back