Logo

2001 F15ELHW

H

Harold Cazier

"Motor has been a problem sinc

"Motor has been a problem since new. Motor is used 8 to 10 time from May thru Oct. Trouble keeping it running.When problem occurs it just stops or will not start or if it does start it will not iddle or it will not run full out. Factory replaced carb at 2 years. Carb rebuild 30 days ago,(since ran gas from carb after use) ran Ok but not full out 2x last 3 weeks, then yesterday it starts and dies. Today it started after a lot of fiddling with choke. Got it running ran for 30 min. ok. Motor is totally unreliable. Dealer just says it the old gas after he has worked on it one to two times per year. How have others lived successfully with these problems?? Suggestions?? Does any motor manufacture make a small motor than runs on todays fuel. I'm ready to lose this one."

"More on the above post.Today

"More on the above post.Today it did seem to run ok---- after much trouble getting it started and running. Ran it for about 15 minutes to landing ,tok it out and brought it home. Now it starts and runs fine on the drive-- but--- onlt and half throttle or less. Above this it runs but it is cutting out and running rough. Any suggestions before I take it back to dealer. I'm at a point where I not only do not trust the motor but I'm not sure about whatm the dealer tells me. It always "old gas". It's always had stabilizer added and since the carb rebult the carb has been drained every time it was put on hoist. HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP All suggestions are appreciated"

Back