Logo

AQ125 Carburetor partsparts in general

C

chipzoller

"I've got a 1983 (I th

"I've got a 1983 (I think) Bayliner with a volvo penta AQ125 that was given to me. The carb. is a Solex and I got the number 70795 off it (not a part no. I don't think). What other engine uses this so I don't have to get shafted by volvo penta for parts? And in general, is there a best place to get replacement parts for this engine?

thanks,

Chip"

"You have a AQ125A. I assume y

"You have a AQ125A. I assume you have a 270 out drive to. Unless your carb is junk, you may want to rebuild it. It cost about $60 for a rebuild kit. I did this and my 125B will crank with 1/4 turn of the motor.
Before I would do that, check compression on all cyl. Factory is 160 but you are ok if it less than 20 psi below. If you see a major drop on 1 cyl. then you may need to investagate that.

To answer your question, I shopped all over for parts. You are not going to find original Volvo parts in many cases. But other manufactures will have the parts you are looking for. Do yourself a favor, replace the spack plugs, Wires, get a electronic ignition from Petronix, $80 @ www.summitracing.com. Get the 40000 3 ohm Flame thrower coil to go along with it. Set timing to 6 BTC. Replace rotor, distributer cap. Timing belt is a must!! Replace Acc. belt. $5 local auto shop. Make sure you replace the impeller and remove the heat exchanger and coolant reservoir to clean well. The impeller will come with a new gasket but you may need rubber o rings for the copper fresh water hook-ups to the pump housing. Go here to see a few pics of my boat:

http://shareaproject.com/pages/projectTut,p,219,00.html"

I am looking to a breaksown of

I am looking to a breaksown of a volvo pinta 125 B carburator. I bought a kit and now need to get the breakdosn and specks to put it together.

Back