w2q4u

"<[img]"http://www.marineengin

"
23633.jpg
anyone have an idea where and how this spring connects?"

"haha! maybe.
I was working o

"haha! maybe.
I was working on the carbs and linkage and when I was finished, I looked down and saw the spring.
I never seen it before but it had to come from somewhere. I was thinking it was somehow hooked up to the manual choke lever but I can't for the life of me figure out where. Maybe someone just threw it there to F me up. As far as I can tell, the motor runs fine without it."

"Look closely at a picture of

"Look closely at a picture of the carburetors in your service manual.

That spring (pictured upside down in your post) goes on the carburetor throttle lever in such a manner that when the throttle is applied, the curved portion exerts pressure on the choke linkage to keep the choke from closing.

Without it, at the higher rpms, the viberation of the engine and the vacuum being drawn thru the carburetor throats will cause the choke to be slammmed shut."

"Joe, thanks so much. I really

"Joe, thanks so much. I really appreciate it. That was driving me crazy.
If anyone has time, I have another mystery that I'm working on.
After about 5 minutes of high speed, the motor seems to bog down and run on 2 cyl. If I never run at top speed, I could be fine all day. I just changed the needle valves and haven't tested yet. Does this make any sense to anyone?"

"Does the fuel primer bulb hav

"Does the fuel primer bulb have a tendency to go flat? If so, you have a fuel restriction. If the primer bulb seems okay, try pumping it when the problem occurs (acting as a manual fuel pump).

I'm assuming that you've checked the compression and spark which should jump a 7/16" gap at cranking speed with the spark plugs removed. If these areas have not been checked, do so. Let us know what you find."

Back