Logo

b88 OMC 5L 305 Cobra Stating Problem

T

Tom Love

"Thanks Bob, I will look at th

"Thanks Bob, I will look at the points better before spending any money. Do You know what to clean them with?

P.S. Hope it's cooler up there than it is down
here in california, low 100's."

"Tom...you can use anything fr

"Tom...you can use anything from some emery cloth, fine sandpaper, I've heard of guys using their wives fingernail emery boards but for the price of the points ($10-$15) I've always just gone with new as the cleaning method only seems to be a temp fix.

ps...yes it's a little cooler up here although we've had our days of 85-90 and with our humidity it's very bad however I still prefer it to shovelling snow
snow.gif
"

"Hay Bob, Worked like a charm!

"Hay Bob, Worked like a charm! Used some 180 grit and Fired right up. It's not running well. I'll pick up the normal tune up parts and I'm sure that will solve it. Thank's again for the advice!

PS. I'm a master plumber with my own construction co., Love-Hartmann Inc. Any thing I can do to return the favor, advice etc., just ask!

[email protected]"

"That's good news Tom, you

"That's good news Tom, you really need a dwell meter to set those points correctly and then you should check the timing with a light, if your going to do a tune up shortly wait til then, the points should be 29 deg +- 2 and the gap is .0017. The timing dpending on what fuel you run is 89 AKI 10 deg BTDC and 86 AKI 5 deg BTDC"

Back