Logo

86 bayliner capri did all of the work you suggested now it is overheating at full throttle

brenna_8

"Like I said we did all of the

"Like I said we did all of the work that you suggested, put on new bellows, which one, melted right off, but then the timing belt broke, replaced that, so now, when you go , or try to ge full throttle, it over heats, could it now be the impeller? we already, put in a new thermostate, could it of been the wrong one? Please, help us, we need it."

That's what he figured. Th

That's what he figured. Thank you we will try that. I will get back to you Morten. Thank you so much....

"The impeller is 95% the issue

"The impeller is 95% the issue. When you replace the impeller, you need to run the motor until it atleast hits 180 degrees. I'm assuming that you have a AQ120-130, but I could be wrong. BTW, make sure the water drain plug is installed in the bottom of the foot or muffs will not suck water. (Disregard if the boat is in water)Anyway, when the engine is warm, monitor tempature. If you can't trust your temp guage, buy/borrow a laser thermo. $40 Harbor Freight. This motor should run @ 180-190. 190 is a bit high, but not damaging. The heat exchanger probably has some build up and/or strainer screen has lots of junk in it. I removed my heat exchanger and cleaned it good. I was running at 190, after picking sludge and old impeller bits out, I'm running at 180 on the nose. Hope this helps!!"

Back