Logo

Water pump problem 50mpi wBravo III

wish2fish

Regular Contributor
"Just got back from a long tri

"Just got back from a long trip that I didn't have a problem. When I put the boat in the water today it began to overheat. Temp guage read 220+ and alarm was sounding. Brought home and put on muffs and water was not comming out through the hull exhuast as it normally does.

Does this indicate that the water pump impellar is bad? I thought the house water pressure would have forced the water through the system, is this not true?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me. I will call the dealer tomorrow, but I would like to have some ideas before taking it in.

5.0 MPI with Bravo III

Thanks,"

If it has been a few years sin

If it has been a few years since the pump impeller was replaced this just may be the problem.
The water hose from the house will not force water through the system.

"No doubt, sounds like a bad p

"No doubt, sounds like a bad pump impeller. I have found that they need to be replaced ever couple of years. As already stated, the water hose will not force water through the system."

Update:

I took a look at wh

Update:

I took a look at where the water pump was located and with temperatures in the 90's I decided to have someone check out the pump. In fact 1/2 the blades were missing off the impeller. My guess would be that some of the blades were missing already and they last few came off during/after my last trip.

Good thing was I didn't have to wait to get the boat repaired. Dropped off on Tuesday and picked it up on Friday. My buddy has beend waiting 3 weeks to get his looked at by the dealer. So I dropped off my buddies boat when I picked mine up.

Back