Logo

What is the difference between a rh and Lh rotation engine

tfg111

What is the difference between

What is the difference between rh and Lh engines? Is it just a matter of cranking the engine the opposite way and changing the firing order or are there major mechanical differences?

sorry for the cheap shot. coul

sorry for the cheap shot. couldn't help myself. many differences. not just spinning backward. what did You have in mind?

my engine is a rh rotation and

my engine is a rh rotation and the salt water has rotted the water jacket thru to the outside so now it is leaking water into the bildge. I came across a low mileage car motor with a good block and I wanted to know if it could be converted to run rh?

"It is doable, but hardly a re

"It is doable, but hardly a reasonable project. By the time your thru swapping out cam, distributor. manifolds. fuel pumps, etc.etc. you would be far ahead to replace engine with a good used or rebuilt marine rh engine."

"It is doable, but hardly a re

"It is doable, but hardly a reasonable project. By the time your thru swapping out cam, distributor. manifolds. fuel pumps, etc.etc. you would be far ahead to replace engine with a good used or rebuilt marine rh engine."

"A reverse rotating engine has

"A reverse rotating engine has the pistons in backwards, along with a cam that has the distributor gear ground backwards (so it turns the distributor and oil pump the right way). Some engines---Chrysler, for example--use a different rear main seal, but the rest of the engine is pretty straight forward.

Jeff

PS: Be sure to use brass freeze out plugs and marine stainless head gaskets."

Back