Logo

280 leg

gryg1

Regular Contributor
"have just replace water inlet

"have just replace water inlet on my leg due to crackin in suspension fork.the merchanic that done it said he adjusted my kick up level and it seem to be in lock down position all the time.i thought that when to pit lever in porward position that the leg is supposed to be able to lift up,and when you put the lever into reverse the leg locks in down position so it does not kick up when you go into reverse.is this the situation,does it require more adjustment so when you put the lever into forward and excellerat away is the leg supposed to be able to be lifted manually."

"According to SELOC, the adjus

"According to SELOC, the adjustment is correct when the upper part of the push rod at the side of the fork protrudes about 1/16" at the top of the fork. This is to allow the disengagement of the retaining pawl when tilting up the leg.

The leg should lift upon an impact when shifted into forward, but not when shifted into reverse. It should not lift loosely when shifted into forward or when in neutral because then it would be separating from the trim pin any time the boat slows down."

Thank you very much for explai

Thank you very much for explaining this situation.on impact the dive merchanics must be engineered in a way that it unclips from the paw.must need some short of high impact hey?

"That's correct. However,

"That's correct. However, if you are running your boat at an extremely high speed and hit for example a rock or a deadhed (a log floating vertically in the water), even a well-adjusted retaining pawl will not save the leg or the transom shield."

Back