Logo

30L OMC cobra

jonathan

"I ran her under a large load,

"I ran her under a large load, and she spit oil out the head gasket. A friend of mine replaced the gasket last winter. The boat ran for ten minutes the spit oil out of the head gasket all around the block. There is also a loud popping noise like a back-fire as the motor idles. I am wondering what to do next. Could it be that the valves are too tight or the head was not tightened properly? I do not have the sequence or the torque specs."

"First clean up the mess and t

"First clean up the mess and try to see where the leak is, then by a manual so You get the specs. Then by a new head gasket set. Try to find the 'popping' noise, it may be an exhaust leak or wrongly adjusted valves. The oil leak may be from the valve cover gasket and not the head gasket."

"1990 OMC Cobra 3.0 litre. Irr

"1990 OMC Cobra 3.0 litre. Irregular, intermittent ignition failure. Battery voltage okay at purple wire. No spark. HELP!!!"

"Johnathan: Get the block and

"Johnathan: Get the block and head milled, then put another gasket (a marine head gasket!) on.

Harry: Make a separate posting.

Jeff"

"Purchased a 1991 Four Winns 3

"Purchased a 1991 Four Winns 3.0 cobra in great conditioned, hadn't run in 2 years, cleaned it up, plugs, fuel filter, cleaned carb, fuel treatment, etc. Each time I engage full power it runs for 5-10 seconds and dies out. I can run ok up to about 3000 rpm but any more and loss of power. I had anti siphon removed as well, adjusted carbureator as well.
Still can't figure out and nor can local mechanic, is shift lock a possible cause or someone said to use sea foam to really clean fuel system. Anyone please help it's been two months and no one can figure it out.}}"

Back