Logo

Combination fo issues 43 V6

D

don terry

"After 1 hour run engine just

"After 1 hour run engine just died. Started again and ran for 10-15 minutes and died again. Put new fuel in tank so gage good. Now after a couple of days I ran 10 minutes low speed. With hitting the gas the engine died again. Started right away, but could only run at very low speed. It idles fine at both low and high rev.'s. To add further frustration, I noticed the trim will not go up from the down position, the moter sounds fine, just no movement."

You may have a broken line or

You may have a broken line or leak in the trim
You say boat was ok for a couple of days after adding fuel is it low on fuel again

No I just tried it after a cou

No I just tried it after a couple of days with same problem occuring. Where would I check for and replace fluid?

Check to buy or check the leve

Check to buy or check the level? To check the level locate the trim pump and it has its own tank built into it. There should be a cap about the size of one on a antifreeze jug. Marina for the oil.

I had a similar problem to thi

I had a similar problem to this a while back and found that one of the sparks plugs were cracked right on the porcelain. So you might want to check those.

Thanks whatglas...your level i

Thanks whatglas...your level idea was right on...when I got down and dirty with it the entire mount was gone and the unit fell forward...when I first looked at it I believed that it was in it's true position. Thanks

Back