Logo

Volvo 270 outdrive exhaust bellows install

"1) Coat each side of the

"1) Coat each side of the exhaust bellows with Perfect Seal or similar.

2) Make sure that the pinhole in the bellows points downwards.

3) Tilt the outdrive all the way up .

4) Stick one end of the bellows in the exhaust pipe coming from the transom shield and secure it with a hose clamp. Make sure that the screw in the hose clamp is placed about 2 o'clock. You may need a stubby screwdriver to secure it.

5) Lower the outdrive and stick the other end of the bellows in the intermediate housing, then secure it with the hose clamp."

sounds easy what is perfect se

sounds easy what is perfect seal bellows adhesive? i am having trouble getting the bellows on the int housing i am in vegas the temp is 105 the bellows adhesive is drying very fast thanks

thanks mr fish so bellows adhe

thanks mr fish so bellows adhesive is a bad thing to use
thats what the marine store sold me

"Bellows adhesive is not a bad

"Bellows adhesive is not a bad thing to use (in fact this is the right product according to manufacturers), but I find it messier to use than the perfect seal. Keep in mind that the bellows is kept in place not by the adhesive, but by the ribs at its ends going into the grooves at the exhaust and intermediate housing, then secured by the clamps. The perfect seal will facilitate installation and also will prevent corrosion in the aluminum areas where the bellows is secured.

If you buy the very exact product that manufacturers recommend for each application, you will soon run out of space in your garage and you will also take a good hit in your wallet.
wink.gif
"

your right about that but on t

your right about that but on the shelf in my shed omc gasket sealer took awile to find it i remembered i had purchased for another project the label had fallen off but it was there and seems to be usable ive been stretching the bellows witha glass for a while im going out in the heat and try with omc sealer i will report back thanks mr fish

"Actually, it should be "M

"Actually, it should be "Mr. Fisherman". Well, it was close enough....
wink.gif
"

Im looking for a Volvo AQ125B

Im looking for a Volvo AQ125B oil pan new or used where should I go?

"Another bellows question.....

"Another bellows question........I sucked water into some cylinders, I'm assuming it sucked in when the engine " dieseled " on me. Got the water out, and new plugs etc....runs fine now, no obvious damage ( except fried starter ) Can I replace my bellows with a new one with a flapper ?? or could this restrict flow ???"

Back