Logo

VOLVO AQ120

chomleyhaines

HI ALL DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE

HI ALL DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE ANY IDEA OF THE ECONOMY FIGURES FOR A VOLVO AQ120 INBOARD AND ALSO ANY REMARKS/ADVICE ON WHAT TO TO LOOK OUT FOR ON THIS TYPE OF ENGINE..THANKS...

"The economy figure of an engi

"The economy figure of an engine is measured in grams per kilowatt (or horsepower) and hour, but that would not tell you much, as this figure is virtually idential in all 4-stroke engines. The figure you are concerned about is fuel consumption per nautical mile, and that varies depending of the boat you have and how you run it.

If I was going to buy a used AQ120 engine (which is a B21 Volvo block) that has been running in salt water, they key things I would look for include the exhaust ports not being corroded in the cylinder head (especially ports 3 and 4), that the timing gears (sprockets) are not pitted; that the oil pan is not corroded; that the exhaust manifold is not choked or internally corroded; that all three pulleys are in good condition (not corroded); and of course, that the engine has good compression, good oil pressure and runs and idles well."

Clarification: I meant to say

Clarification: I meant to say that the specific fuel consumption (grams per HP per hour) is virtually idential in all 4-stroke gasoline marine engines.

ANYBODY LIKE TO HAZARD AN EDUC

ANYBODY LIKE TO HAZARD AN EDUCATED GUESS WHAT IT WOULD DO GALLONS TO THE HOUR AT 5 KNOTS IN 23 FT PACE CRUISER.. ITS TOP SPEED IS REPORTADLY 17 KNOTS BUT I WILL NEVER GET TO PUSH THAT ON THE RIVER SO 5 KNOTS IT IS!

What does the boat weigh (

What does the boat weigh (approximately) including fuel and all the gear?

My educated guess: anywhere be

My educated guess: anywhere between 1.2- 1.6 gallons per hour.

If 5 knots will be Your maximu

If 5 knots will be Your maximum speed I would put on a 16" wide blade long hub prop. That would give You the best milage/gallon!

Back