Logo

Suzuki DT2 what year

jdbradford

"Old Suzuki 2 stroke DT2 2hp,

"Old Suzuki 2 stroke DT2 2hp, s/n plate has written 0201, then stamped 008598. What year was it manufactured? Thanks!"

"Hi, I've just got a simil

"Hi, I've just got a similar one, (Suzuki 2 stroke DT2 2 HP) with s/n plate that says "0201 = Type-# and the serial-#: 788643.

My boat (a 3 meters's Zodiac inflatable was purchased by it's first owner in April 1988along with my engine, - meaning that my engine was probably produced during 1987, as my little Zodiac was. (Produced 07/1987).

Your engine is then probably a few years older than mine, since my engine has a serial-# beeing 780045 higher than yours!

The problem with my engine was that the piston had "stuck" in the cylinder and was losened by pouring diesel into the spark plug hole and letting the gizmo rest for 4 days. It also turns out that the ignition breaker is defective, missing one of the contact pads. So I guess I'm on my way to a Suzuki dealer for spare parts...

And I would have been glad to obtain a workshop manual/owners manual for it.

(If you want to mail me, remove the word DELETE from my E-mail adress)"

Following the clues others hav

Following the clues others have given me and that I've seen on other web sites - does that likely make mine a 1980 model?

i just picked up the chart fro

i just picked up the chart from a dealer its a 1980 you look at the stamped numbers not the printed ones .
the 780045 is a 1987

Back