Logo

1995 Yahama 30 2 stroke high speed stall

yahamaq

Engine starts like new and run

Engine starts like new and runs idle smooth when I go to high speed it stalls ... not dies but won't run up. Can I use a carb cleaner pumped through the fuel line and flushed in order to clean the high speed jets?

"No you don't want to do t

"No you don't want to do that,it will wash the oil from your cylinders and rod and crank bearings...You have a very common problem,,your right in high speed jet,,but it could be the high speed air bleed that feeds the high speed jet that is clogged,,in the front opening,,,above your choke blade you should see too small ports,,one is idle speed air and the other is high speed,,you can find which is which with it run and shoot a little penetrating oil,with little red extension tube on at each one with the engine idling,,the one that boggs the engine will be your idle,,therefore the other is highspeed air bleed....Now you need some good carb cleaner/penetrant sea foam deep creep is good..with engine in the water runnung at moderate speed spray at the air bleed,it should suck it right in,,and bogg engine,,if it only pulls a little keep at it and maybe it will open up,,,if it doesn't draw any in then its cloogged..if the air bleeds are o.k the your main jet is clogged,,,waynebo"

"I have this same engine. I re

"I have this same engine. I recently bought it. It fired up within a few pulls. after 5 minutes at idle the red LED came on. I am assuming this means that it was over heating. Also there was very litte water coming out of the water hose. What was coming out was really hot and steaming. I have been told this might have something to do with the impeller.
Next, when i tried to rev the engine it started skipping and would not get up to speed.

I am not sure but I think this thing has been sitting for a while. The seller isn't really sure either. Can someone offer and suggestions."

Back