Logo

Boat leans to the left when going straight down the river

A

Aaron Overton

"I have an 87' Wellcraft w

"I have an 87' Wellcraft with a 200 horse mercruiser(305 chevy). When going straight down the river, the boat leans to the left. Also, when turning to the left, the boat really digs in and feels like it is going to roll overtop it self toward the left side. Anyone else experienced this problem and know how to fix it?"

"Tell the passenger to lose so

"Tell the passenger to lose some weight. But seriously, go out by yourself and see if that fixes the problem. People placement on a boat can make a big diff in how it rides. Especially smaller boats."

Im not shure what they call it

Im not shure what they call it But if you replaced the impeller make shure you turn the toqure tab (Just above the prop )This should not be straight.Slighly turn to left 8)..

Im not shure what they call it

Im not shure what they call it But if you replaced the impeller make shure you turn the toqure tab (Just above the prop )This should not be straight.Slightly turned to left 8)..

"Check for hydrofoil on lower

"Check for hydrofoil on lower unit. If there is one check alignment of it. Make sure the outdrive is not bent below the prop.(skeg) Check for trim tabs on the stern. If it has them check the adjustment. Check for worn gimble ring pins on the outdrive.
If all fails,you can put my mother in-law on the right side of the boat. Take care turning to the right if you do this. I've almost worn my power trim tabs out trying to keep the boat flat with her moving around."

"sounds like a hull problem. h

"sounds like a hull problem. hook, or power hook on port side. take a good look under the boat. are you on trailer? is it roller, or bunk?"

LOL..."I've almost wor

LOL..."I've almost worn my power trim tabs out trying to keep the boat flat with her moving around." Thats the funniest thing I've heard in awhile.

Back