Logo

Sterndrive Engineering Inc Alpha drives

mistahays

Advanced Contributor
"Okay... dare i buy one?

I

"Okay... dare i buy one?

I need a Gen 2 Alpha drive for my Rinker 280. Based on the researh i've done to date, these aftermarket replacement stern drives seem solid. Anyone have feedback otherwise?

Apparently they've sold 12k over the 3 years they have been in business and have a 3% warranty return rate."

"sold one a couple weeks ago.

"sold one a couple weeks ago. only has 5 hours so far. break-in oil change should be good indication. will update with any further news. does sound too good to be true, but no guts, no glory."

I've been told that one of

I've been told that one of the guy's that worked for merc started his own company after merc more or less told him to go pound sand with his ideas. I think this is the guy making these aftermarket drives. I've also been told these drives are very good if not better than the merc drive. Some process that is used in making the parts is making them very strong. Rodnreel is what he calls his business. I know what does fishing gear have to do with boat outdrives. Ad a .com and check it out.

"Hearing good things. Have sin

"Hearing good things. Have since spoken to 2-3 dealers who say they are holding up. Ordered one for my barge the other day. If it craps out, I will personally drive to Ft. Liquordale FL or where ever they are from and get results. Hopefully thats not necessary as I'm also hearing good reviews about their customer service. DH"

Back