Logo

43 mericrusier wot rpms low

S

steve wright

i have a 4.3 mericrusier alpha

i have a 4.3 mericrusier alpha 1 everything is running great but my wot rpm is about 3800 i have a stainless prop (21) new to boats so im a little stumped. like i said good idle no missing runs good wide open but just no rpms when i floor it so i know i am losing some performance thanks for any suggestions

"Tell us more, length, weight,

"Tell us more, length, weight, boat type. Does it rev nice and freely when the drive train is not engaged?"

it is a 18ft bryant runabout d

it is a 18ft bryant runabout dont know weight it revs to about 4000 when not engaged but the rpm limit is 4800

did it ever run 4400-4800?may

did it ever run 4400-4800?may have the wrong gear ratio or a different drive was installed by accident.

"sounds like a prop size probl

"sounds like a prop size problem,go back and start over,somtimes the log way is the fastest way!"

"First of all get rid of the s

"First of all get rid of the stainless, it has more drawbacks than positives. It also sounds like you are way over pitched. Go to the Merc site or Michigan and input your boat data and see what they suggest."

ive only had it a week but it

ive only had it a week but it looks like the lower unit is all the orginal like i said i know nothing about boats im a car guy im going to try some of these ideas out thanks for the help

Back