Logo

1998 PCM 351 GT40 Hesitates 19002000 RPM

stevechism

"I have a 1998 PCM 351 GT-40 t

"I have a 1998 PCM 351 GT-40 that hesitates at 1900-2100 rpms. I have changed the plugs & wires, Rotor & caps, set timming, new plugs and it is continuing. Any sugestions? Is there an ignition problem I can check or change?
Thank you"

"Oddly enough, I am having the

"Oddly enough, I am having the same trouble. Mine is a 1995 GT-40 that "cuts-out" in the same RPM range. It is as if there is a brief loss of fuel delivery or spark. I am thinking fuel delivery, or fuel filter. My day was going to be spent doing caps, rotor, etc. I might not do it if it did not help you."

"Did either of you ever figure

"Did either of you ever figure out what the problem with your engine was? I have been having the same problem with my 1998 GT-40 engine at 2700 rpms and have done all the same fixes (plugs, rotor, cap, fuel filter and fuel treatment) with no result. My mechanic is stumped and I am not sure where to go. Very interested in finding out if you figured anything out."

Sounds like the usual problem:

Sounds like the usual problem: Insufficient accelerator pump shot. Look for an adjstment that will deliver a greater shot of fuel.

Jeff

"Remove the water separator ca

"Remove the water separator canister, and check the fuel line from the high pressure pump to the top of the metal housing. IF it deteriorates it will allow fuel pressure to leak. A fuel pressure gauge will confirm fluctuation in that RPM range. The only 2 places fuel pressure can leak out would be the regulator, or this fuel line in the water separator."

"Hi Guys

I own a 1995 Hydro

"Hi Guys

I own a 1995 Hydrodine i bought brand new with the GT-40 also, and from day one it has a hestitaion or hunts a bit under very light load at the low rpms. Its apain around the dock or ramp.

I build race bikes for a living and make racing parts www.holeshot.com

I have yet to address this issue , but it feels like a lean surge to me and im wondering if a good teck can re mapp the EFI to straighten this out. Its in the ignition and fuel curve i feel and PMC may have some up dates.

I will be looking into this and if i figure it out will let you know, or if you alreadfy have had it fixed let me know

Thanks Dale"

"Had the same problem on a &#3

"Had the same problem on a '97 nautique. My mechanic replaced the distributer since the contact was "wobbly" and not hitting the contacts evenly. Found out later you can buy a small plastic part from NAPA that holds the distributer shaft down towards the base. Don't have the part #, but it fits around the distributer shaft & stabilizes it while it spins."

351 ford- can anyone tell me t

351 ford- can anyone tell me the crank in std rotation is the same as reverse rotation

"Seems that they are not. Gro

"Seems that they are not. Grooves cut at rear of crank are for oil direction back into the engine. If you use a reverse rotation crank in a standard rotation, the grooves will be forcing the oil in the wrong direction, past the rear main seal."

Back