Logo

Over heating

tswanson

"More questions SORRY!!!! 1&#4

"More questions SORRY!!!! 1) If an exhaust bellow is leaking air/exhaust will this prevent the RWP from pumping water through the engine? When I first shut the motor down I hear a hissing sound out of the bellows and can see some big cracks under the clamps.. 2) Is a Bravo II 7.4 1988-1992 a RH or LH rotation? I think it is like a car LH? This make a hugh difference in regards to the inlet/outlet on the RWP. I replaced the housing and impeller and it still got hot. Can the engine get a air bubble or air lock preventing the flow of water? What I did was take my small shop vac and disconected each hose one at a time and attached the vac to the hoses and ran it until clean lake water came through. I even did it at the inlet/outlets on the thermostst housing. In several of the hose's I got some nasty looking water out. I also attached it to the risers and sucked until clean lake water came out, so I do not think there is any blockages in the risers or manifolds. 3) Is it possible for the old rubber chunks from a bad impeller to become lodge in the oil/power steering cooler? It looks to be a tube with the oil lines and power steering lines attached to it. It is fed from the outlet of the RWP and the other side attaches to the tremostat housing. Is this an oppen tube or, are there areas that can become pluged with crud? And one final question is there anyway to check the circaulating pump on the front of the motor to see if it is pushing water? Oh yhea, after it got hot I pulled the theremaostat housing and the thermostat had opened, this is why I am questioning the cirulating pump. Maybe I will buy a automotive one and slap it on to see if it makes a difference before buying an expensive Marine one. Thanks all...very much!!!!!"

"1 The cirulating pump would b

"1 The cirulating pump would be the last thing to fail. It only has a impeller like a car water pump. 2 Anything can get blocked in the cooling system if enough junk gets in it. 3 Replace the bellows. 4 It is a rh rotation engine. LH rotation is used in twin screw boats. Except maybe a Volvo, but who knows what they are thinking.5 Check that the block is clean. Remove water drain plugs in the bottom of the block on each side just above the oil pan. If it has quick drains remove them for this service. Run a wire in the hole to make sure it drains and no dirt / sand is in the water jacket. Flush real well if anything is in the water jacket.6 Is there a sea water pump on the front of the engine? If so check that it is working by removing the outlet line and starting the engine. Have a buddy rev the engine while you hold the line towards you so you can see the water coming and shut it down. Good luck. WADF."

"I recently replaced my port e

"I recently replaced my port engine with a rebuilt 4.3 V6.New water cir.pump.During water test,when up on plane(32 to 3500rpm)engine began missing(within 10 min.).At low speed it sounded like a sticking valves.On teardown intake valves on pistons 3&4 were tuliped.Heads were sent out/check,valve replaced.New water pump installed,bellows changed,water passages check.Reinstalled,same thing again,burnt valves in 5to10 mins.on plane.Whole process repeated again.This time New carb,new ingnition module, themostat removed for test,clear waterlines to check water flow allseemed Ok.While under way,with laser gun Starboard engine runs about 165 Port engine pistons 3&4(center two)were at211 and climbing the other cylinder were at 165.The mechanic is at lost what to do next.We are about to change the intake manifold in desperation.Has anybody had a similar experince."

"I recently replaced my port e

"I recently replaced my port engine with a rebuilt 4.3 V6.New water cir.pump.During water test,when up on plane(32 to 3500rpm)engine began missing(within 10 min.).At low speed it sounded like a sticking valves.On teardown intake valves on pistons 3&4 were tuliped.Heads were sent out/check,valve replaced.New water pump installed,bellows changed,water passages check.Reinstalled,same thing again,burnt valves in 5to10 mins.on plane.Whole process repeated again.This time New carb,new ingnition module, themostat removed for test,clear waterlines to check water flow allseemed Ok.While under way,with laser gun Starboard engine runs about 165 Port engine pistons 3&4(center two)were at211 and climbing the other cylinder were at 165.The mechanic is at lost what to do next.We are about to change the intake manifold in desperation.Has anybody had a similar experince."

Back