Logo

1989 Yamaha 225 Excel Stalls out under load

J

Jeff Cox

"I have a very low hour 1989 Y

"I have a very low hour 1989 Yamaha Excel 225, Engine stars ad idles fine, as soon as I put it in gear on the water it stalls out like it is out of gas. On land it runs fine with ears and in gear, only happens when it is put under load. Replaced fuel pumps that made it idle even better but still having the same problem. Engine did sit for two years due to family illness, the fuel has been treated for storage.

Does the carbuerators need to be rebuilt. Strange because it will run in netral forever.

Any help would be appreciated."

I have the identical problem t

I have the identical problem that you have. If you find anything out please contact us either post it here or at my email below. Thanks

"I have a very low hour 1989 Y

"I have a very low hour 1989 Yamaha Excel 225, Engine stars ad idles fine, as soon as I put it in gear on the water it stalls out like it is out of gas. On land it runs fine with ears and in gear, only happens when it is put under load. Replaced fuel pumps that made it idle even better but still having the same problem. Engine did sit for two years due to family illness, the fuel has been treated for storage.

Does the carbuerators need to be rebuilt. Strange because it will run in netral forever.

Any help would be appreciated."
Did you ever figure this out? (Long time ago I know but I have the same problem now...)

Back