Logo

43LX V6 Power problems

J

James Carder

"I have a 2001 19' Maxum w

"I have a 2001 19' Maxum which I had a new engine (4.3LX V6) installed. After having the new engine installed, I've been having a power problem. The new engine was a complete new engine, the only thing that was used on the old engine was the pulley's, so everything's new. Before I had the new engine installed I had a 21" prop. and with WOT my rpm's were about 4600. After having the new engine installed with the same prop., WOT my rpm's are 3200. I changed the prop to a 15" prop, just to see if something happen to my old prop and with WOT my rpm's are 4400. They set the timing at 8 and then 10, but it does seems to get the full advancement. I think it's about 32 at WOT. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks"

"Weird. No reason why that en

"Weird. No reason why that engine should be such a dog, unless the exhaust system is plugged somehow, or ??? Keep looking.

Jeff"

"Is the lower unit still the s

"Is the lower unit still the same unit?
If it was changed, there is a possiblity the gear ratios in the lower are different.I believe the correct ratio for the 4.3 is 1.84:1."

Would the fuel pump be differe

Would the fuel pump be different for a 2 bbl then a 4 bbl. The fuel pump wasn't changed with the new engine and I went from a 2 bbl to a 4 bbl carb.

Back