Logo

Mercruiser year identification

robohio

"I just bought a boat that has

"I just bought a boat that has a 4.3 merc in it. I'm having problems with determining what year the motor is actually from.

On the valve cover the serial number is gone, but it says the motor has 175hp. On the cover that goes over the spark arrestor, the engine serial number is almost completely gone. All that can be made out is B7. Towards the back of the block there is a tag that from Mercury that says B790836. I am not sure if thats the actual engine number, or if that's a block number (since the engine serials are supposed to start with OB...). There is another number on the outdrive that reads OB852551 and yet another on the carb that reads 3304-9565.

If anyone familiar with these serials can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

-edit- I just saw the post a few down from this one, sorry for not looking at the new stuff before I posted. "

"we just bought an old boat, d

"we just bought an old boat, don't have much info on it. It's a Reinell RV2100 w/a MerCruiser 888-Ford 302 V8. can you tell from the model what year it is? where would I find a repair manual for it? It hasn't been started in 3 years-ran the last time it was out. want to make sure we check everything out right before firing up thanks"

"valve cover serial # is 45249

"valve cover serial # is 4524946
outdrive # is 4524946
14957 is the oil filter # (quicksilver)
andn then there is a stamped plate attached the back of the engine (towards transon that had the serial # 4480275

does this identify what year, size etc engine this is? what do I need to know to order parts for this engine Ie tune up kits, oil filters etc. thanks"

Back