Logo

Engine Noise

cklog

"I have a Problem. Ugh.. I hav

"I have a Problem. Ugh.. I have a 1997 Mercruiser 5.7 in My Sea Ray Just bought it about a month ago with 150 hours on it and now has 175. We were at Lake Powell last week and everything running fine then with it under load with people a gear coming back to the ramp it started to bog down and wouldnt run. Turned it off waited about 15 min then tried to start it again and it did but it was hard to start, ran about ten minutes and died again. It had a lot of moisture under the carb cover. Had to get towed in. I tried to start it when we got to the ramp it started but was now making a wierd nocking noise. TOday We pulled the Stern drive off everything looked fine. Ran it with the drive off and still makes the noise. Did not ever overheat. My buddy is a car mechanic and we are going to do commpression test tommorrow. While running it today we pulled the oil filler caps and it idled down and also seemed to have a lot of pressure, as in smoke coming out of cap holes. Any Ideas? Sorry about the novel."

"sounds like fuel { H2O or blo

"sounds like fuel { H2O or blockage} but a compression ck is a great place to start , ck plugs for damage or H2O."

Back