Logo

30L Wonbt go into gear

K

Kgun

"There may be a few issues her

"There may be a few issues here, but my main problem now is that I can't get the drive back into gear (forward or reverse).

I'll explain what happened. Riding at 3500 RPM and all the sudden the engine revs really high quickly, like when you loose a prop. Then the engine all of the sudden experienced a sudden grinding stop and shut down immediately. Fortunately, the prop was in place and spun freely. Upon trying to restart the engine, it would turn over and then come to a grinding halt.
I finally got it to turn over without the grinding halt, but it no longer would go into drive, although it would rev up. I also noticed that the engine temperature was close to 220F so I shut her down.

Does this sound like a prop or sterndrive issue? Could I have damaged the spline? Or does this sound more serious?"

"sounds like you sheared the d

"sounds like you sheared the drive shaft above the water pump in the drive , water pump not turning and uverheating."

"remove the 4 bolts on top of

"remove the 4 bolts on top of the drive, pull off top & look inside. good chance You'll see what used to be an upper gearset. this would explain the siezing."

Back