Logo

Chrysler 340250

kurt

"I recently got my '73 340

"I recently got my '73 340 going, and it ran great. But After about 10min of running (drydocked with a hose), I noticed what appeared to be exhaust drifting around near one of the engine manifolds. Does anyone know if this is indicative of a problem? It ran great, but seemed strange to me..."

You might have an exhaust leak

You might have an exhaust leak due to an improper manifold/ head match up. Don't laugh! I have a hell of a time getting a gasket that fits both the puny ports of M360 heads and the usual exhaust manifolds. I have to use 273 cube car engine gaskets.

Jeff

"I have a blown '73 340 in

"I have a blown '73 340 in a Century Ski Fury. All the marine components are still good. Given the scarcity of the 340, are there any other engines that these marine components will bolt up with, without major modifications? Thanks."

Does the exhaust leak pose any

Does the exhaust leak pose any sort of major problem? Can I run it for a while without replacing the gasket?

i have a marine 340 in a 72 sk

i have a marine 340 in a 72 ski century does any one know the firing order on the engine i seem to be having trouble finding it i used a chiltons manual for a 340in a dart but it did not work please help

i have a marine 340 in a 72 sk

i have a marine 340 in a 72 ski century does any one know the firing order on the engine i seem to be having trouble finding it i used a chiltons manual for a 340in a dart but it did not work please help

"Jeff Cobb, The 318 will bolt

"Jeff Cobb, The 318 will bolt right up in place of the 340. The automotive 360 is externally balanced and I'm sure the marine engine is the same, so you would need the flywheel and dampner for a 360 if you wanted to go that route."

"Jeff, I forgot to add that th

"Jeff, I forgot to add that the 340 uses 360 style motor mounts so you would need to get 318 mounts if you wanted a 318, or a few washers to fill the space works fine too."

Back