Logo

KAD 43 oil loss

sammy

"Newly re-conditioned Volvo KA

"Newly re-conditioned Volvo KAD 43 fitted in March.
Whilst out yesterday lost oil pressure and found most of the sump contents in the bilge.
My engineer cannot find any leaks but has suggested that as I was not running the engine bay cooling fans and it was a hot day, that the build up of heat caused the engine to eject the oil. Could this be this a possible cause? The engine has been running perfectly till now with about 15 hours run without problems
Thanks"

"Remove the thin breather pipe

"Remove the thin breather pipe. Put on a hose that fits valve cover flange and make a bigger hole in air filter housing. The 42 A had a breather pipe like this and there was no oil loss problem. (this pipe was goin out freely,not to air filter)
The thin pipe is good on brand new engine but not one with some hrs and increased breathing..."

"I have just experienced the s

"I have just experienced the same issue on two seperate motors within 4 hours of each other, did you find the problem?. I have topped up oil and found no leaks, run both motors for 2 hours and no loss of oil apparent."

Hi
Has anyone had this proble

Hi
Has anyone had this problem with the Kad 43... oil coming from the turbo? Any clues as to why this is happening and the cause? Engine approx 4 years old - low hours.
thanks
Amber

Back