Logo

2003 Yamaha F115TLRB wonbt start after water in fuel issue

jclimo

I was hoping someone could hel

I was hoping someone could help me figure out why my motor will no longer start. I had an issue with water in the fuel and have corrected that but now the engine does not have any spark? I am thinking that there may be a sensor somewhere on the engine that shuts it off when water is detected but have no idea how it is reset. I do not have the digital gauges so I am guessing at what the problem is. I did replace the external water separator and am getting good fuel flow through the onboard separator. I removed all spark plugs and get a healthy mist of fuel when cranking the engine but do not see any spark? I suppose a service manual would be helpful but I only have the owners manual. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

"Assumeing no componets have f

"Assumeing no componets have failed and we are dealing with a built in fail safe, how many systems will kill spark on this engine, low oil etc. with a miss adjusted shift cable the engine should not crank at all right?

Is this adjustment able to remedy the problem without clearing the code. thanks"

Talk to me climo I am waiting

Talk to me climo I am waiting with baited breath.
How's the diagnosis coming fuel press? Injector toggle? crank sensor? ign. module? pcm? water in the fuel???

Well I am not really sure what

Well I am not really sure what exactly happened but I removed the intake assembly and changed the VST filter and made sure all water was removed from the system. Upon reassembly I had spark but no fuel pressure although I could hear the fuel pump running. I applied 12vdc directly to the high pressure pump in both forward and reverse polarity. I reconnected the fuel pump connector and the motor fired immediatley and runs smooth with 38psi on the fuel rail.

Back