Logo

1988 30 merc

wininger07

I have a 1988 3.0 mercruiser.

I have a 1988 3.0 mercruiser. I am getting succion on the pump but I am not getting fuel to the carb. I have checked for clogged lines and I have none. What am I doing wrong?

"Charles
Check the pressure a

"Charles
Check the pressure and flow with a tester and bucket. If all is well, check the needle and seat in the carb and the inlet filter. If they are good, try a new fuel pump.
Bert"

"Ayuh,...

You're gettin

"Ayuh,...

You're getting suction,... Is it Sucking Gas out of the tank,..??"

"Check for 12 volts at fuel pu

"Check for 12 volts at fuel pump, if none, run a TEMPORARY jumper wire from Battery + to the positive of the fuel pump (I believe this is the purple/yellow wire).

With jumper wire on fuel pump, have someone pump the throttle, while you look into the throat of the carb and you should see fuel spray.

I had similiar problem few months back, and it was the oil pressure switch (bad electric connection) not allowing power to the fuel pump."

Is there a certain way to prim

Is there a certain way to prime it. Could it have something to do with the timing since it is mechanical and not electric. It is sucking up but it is not getting through to the carb. I checked the bladders (it has 2). and they seem o.k.

Back