Logo

Drive alignment tool question

phatty123

"Sorry for asking so many ques

"Sorry for asking so many questions I am just trying to put this whole project together and figure out what I need. I am going to be removign the engine on my 1972 Caravelle 22'. It is a mercruiser with the Ford 302 and has 215hp on the engine and on the drive. I will be pulling the engine to install new freeze plugs and do a general inspection. I realize I need an alignment tool. Is this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270313151418&ssPag eName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123 The alignment tool I need?

Thanks for all the help. I really appreciate it.

-barry"

"Would this also be the correc

"Would this also be the correct tool to align a '79 Mercruiser 228 in my 26' Reinell? I believe my outdrive is pre-Alpha, and will be dropping in a rebuilt small block 350 in the spring. The existing 305 was pooched.
Please and thank you."

"J.I.T.

Sign me up for one

"J.I.T.

Sign me up for one of yours, since he won't send his up here to Canada.

Wrench"

"I'll need one too. Next y

"I'll need one too. Next year sometime works for me. Not sure which way I'm going with a motor. Rebuild a 350 my self or buy one ready to drop in. That'll all depend on how many pennies I've saved.
But I will need that alignment tool. So whenever you get around to it, let me know.
Probably save some on the shipping costs seeing as Wrench is in the neighbourhood."

"Hey Gabe...
I was really in

"Hey Gabe...
I was really in your neighbourhood today. I went down to Ingersol this afternoon to do some work on a pig farm. (I don't know how anyone could live with that smell, its still stuck in my nose). I was going to drop my name in at Cami, but their parking lot is looking a little empty these days. Toyota in Woodstock had a lot of smoke coming out of its roof stacks though. Let us know how you're boat turns out.

Wrench"

"Hey Richard. Great deal if yo

"Hey Richard. Great deal if you live south of the 49th., but for us shmucks up here, they want $85.00USD just for shipping and handling. Add that to the $28.00USD for the tool, plus exchange at +/- 20% = one very expensive tool (nearly $140.00CAN).
I think I'll be patient and wait for Just-In-Time and try to split the shipping costs with Wrench. He's within a hour's drive of me. Hell, we might be able to get away with just one tool.

By the way Wrench - don't bother with CAMI. They're down to one shift and that's on rotating layoffs; 2 weeks work - 2 weeks home till around April or so. Even the BRAND NEW 1.1 billion dollar Toyota plant has had to cut it's production by 50% as well. Stick with what you got. Might be a little dirty and stinky, but you're working, and the money's there and it's clean."

"Gabe...

Yeah, I know all a

"Gabe...

Yeah, I know all about the slow downs at the car plants around here. Cami is going to close in a year or 2 I bet, and we'll see what happens to brand new Toy. We've been just killed here in Kitch-Wat in the last couple of years. 1'st Uniroyal up town, then Goodrich, (both owned by Michelin, so I will never buy any of those brands ever again. I'm not going to reward their bad behavior, sending all the work to Mexico, by buying their tires. I'll go with Goodyear or Generals next time.) Budd Canada (Kitchener frame), just this week. Lear-Sigler, MTD, Canada Cordage all in Kitch, NCR in Waterloo, Skyjack in Guelph, A couple of years ago was Electrohome. .... It's all manufacturing jobs. These companies aren't just laying off a few people, they lay off 500 - 1000 at each shot. More and more lay-offs around here every week. I've been laid off from 3 good jobs in the last 10 years. It starts to piss you off after awhile. .......... Oh well, enough of that. Concentrate on the boat. I'll start chanting "propeller,propeller,propeller" over and over and everything will be OK.

Wrench"

Back