Logo

Yamaha 60hp 2 stroke 1991 Please help

bigaaroncunny

"I was out on the weekend and

"I was out on the weekend and the outboard ran without a problem for a good hour, i then stoped and turned the outboard off and dropped anchor and was at rest for some time. when i started the motor back up to go home it ran ok for about 5 minutes to where a loud beeping alarm was coming from the rev guage and the motor would splutter and spit and only push the boat foward at around 10kph. I thaught maby the fuel could be bad so i switched to the tote tank and same problem. i killed the engine and then restarted it and reved it in neutral and it ran sweet for another 5 minutes and the same problem this kept happening to the point where the engine would only run at idle speed and it took a long time to get back. at the time the 2 stroke mix is full and the spark plugs are new. could anyone please help. Thanks"

"Could be a clog in your carbs

"Could be a clog in your carbs, have you recently rebuilt them, if not maybe a good idea to. Check your power packs to make sure they are getting sufficient power, if you haven't already it may be a good idea also to purchase a manual for your specific engine, or just go to your local library and see if they have one."

"Check your oil flow to the en

"Check your oil flow to the engine, plugged line or tank filter...low oil to engine will kick it into a protection mode only allowing minimum rev's so you don't run it dry and blow it up"

Back