Logo

Rebuild of 230 Sea Ray CD

"I started a string last fall

"I started a string last fall to document the rebuild of a Sea Ray 230 CD which I had purchased in boxes and in bad shape. I had intended to swap the motor and Outdrive from a Mercruiser Alpha 1 with a 350 Chev engine for an OMC with a 460 Ford King Cobra. The OMC performed so well after rebuild in my 1988 Stratus Cuddy that I decided not to disturb the setup. In addition Carolina Machine engines have come up with an upgrade for the 5.7 350 Chevy to a 6.2 Stroker producing 360 HP. I am replacing the Outdrive with an aftermarket unit that is supposed to be able to take the 360 HP without an issue,no warranty though I am going to chance it the supplier seems to think it will work OK. Those of you who remember the original posting will recall the sad state the boat was in. I was going to completely reupholster the cabin and seats but found a product in Canada that resprays vinyl and makes it look like new, Since there was no real damage just dirty and worn it was worth a try. The product is Varokote from Parasol in Toronto Canada PARASOL INC. [[email protected]] this product is amazing. I have completely refinished the outside of the hull with rubbing compound and a 4 step product called Vertglass, the results are nothing short of a transformation www.marinestore.com/vertglas-images. In the course of this rebuild I have found many sites that provide original equipment and parts, I will be happy to share these with anybody looking for parts if you email me at [email protected] give me a couple of days to reply.

I will be posting pictures and more web sites before the end of the week."

Back