Logo

Yanmar Serial Numbers

A

Adam Hkey

I'm sorta confused. I'

I'm sorta confused. I've got a 3GM30F engine and the serial number begins with an "E". But it also says 'Made in Japan.' I thought that the "E" meant that it was made in Europe and thus required that I use the YEU when ordering parts. What gives? Which one do I trust? Is it a YEU or not. Thank you.

"The "E" Stands for Eu

"The "E" Stands for Europe and is on the tag printed in green ink along with the rest of the infor on the tag. Then the number part is stamped in the metal tag. When requiring parts make sure you say E - 1807 or what ever YOUR s.n is. The sea water pumps are different from the assembled engings of Japan. The Europe assembles engine used a "Made in Sweden" raw water pump. (There is NO "E" in front of the s/n of the older engines that were assembled in Japan All the parts are made in Japan and now they are sent to Holland for assembly in Holland, Yanmar Europe. Then shipped to the distributors world wide. If you go to the Yanmar site you will see where the factory is in Holland and in the USA and others countries world wide."

Back