Logo

My 30L is getting over 16 volts of charge

dip_krew

"at idle my boat is putting ou

"at idle my boat is putting out 13 volts, and when i rev it up, the boat is getting 16 volts, its a 1985 3.0L merc. im assuming the regulator is gone, but do i need a whole new alternator (if its built in) or is the regulator seperate?"

"ok so i just actually looked

"ok so i just actually looked at the motor, i guess i have a stator, like an outboard

so how do i fix this problem?"

"inline 4 cyl. GM or inline 4

"inline 4 cyl. GM or inline 4 alum. block, FWC cast head.470/488.GM`s use a std. alt. not a stator.the reg. you suspect is around 200-300 i think.best to convert to the GM alt. kit thats out there."

"i herd that the GM alternator

"i herd that the GM alternator kit is an arm and a leg...

its the GM cast iron strait 4.
im just in aww how this is no alternator on my boat,"

"edit: i just re-read your pos

"edit: i just re-read your post, i think your saying that i DO have an alternator, when i looked at my boat, yup, no alternator, there is nothing on the front of my motor excect water pump and crank shaft"

"I had this problem with the s

"I had this problem with the same engine I believe. Mine is a 1986 mercruiser 140 I/O. I am not near my boat right now, but if I remember correctly, there may have been a wire coming out of the alternator that was broken. May have been green. I just resoldered it. I'll look at it this weekend if I remember and let you know what it was."

Back