Logo

Shiping

txny13

Regular Contributor
say guys iam going to ct to pi

say guys iam going to ct to pick up a boat igot from a friend dad deid and he dont want it its a sea runner 18 with a 470 bring it back to buffalo what should i do if its not been winterized yet so i can bring her homewith no probs thank john

"Check the antifreeze freeze p

"Check the antifreeze freeze point in the overflow tank. It needs to be equal to the coldest day you can have in Buffalo. Make sure the heat exchanger was drained.

Check the wheel bearing hubs for lube; if you can't tell if they have sufficient grease, pump some waterproof wheel bearing grease into the wheel hubs so the bearings don't cause you problems on the way back to Buffalo. If the tires are dry rotted, take it easy while on the road or get them replaced w/Carlisle trailer tires; not auto tires.

Check the trailer lights for proper operation; you can get cited if they don't work. After driving 10 miles, stop and grab the wheel hubs. They should be slightly warm; if hot--the bearings are going to lock up on you and need attention. That will get you home."

All of the above plus have a s

All of the above plus have a spare tire and a jack also. Road Flares aren't a bad idea too. Good Luck! Let us know when you make it home. Al W.

"any pics of the drain on the

"any pics of the drain on the heat exchanger or the end caps,iam new to merc ive been a volvo man for 6 years aq170"

"thanks guy ,is there anything

"thanks guy ,is there anything on the block i need to drain, is only 20 here in buffalo iam going to get her tomorrow"

The block should contain antif

The block should contain antifreeze because that engine is fresh water cooled.

"well boys we made it home and

"well boys we made it home and shes fine the boat had been drain at the heat ex by a marina so iam in luck, thanks john oh yea she a 83 18' sun runner cuddy with a mercuriser 470 block #35e13980 any meaning on tht block?"

"[b]"with a mercuriser 470

""with a mercuriser 470 block #35e13980 any meaning on tht block?"

Ayuh,...

The 470 is the Red headed bastard step-child of Mercruiser....
It has Many known Issues...
And,..
Very little or No factory support,.. Many parts are NLA....
Sell the POS before it bites you in the azz...

Anybody who tells you differently is no doubt a current owner of 1, in total Denial..."

Back