Logo

Force 125 wont start

zachary1620

"hello my force 125 is very ha

"hello my force 125 is very hard to start it has great compression and the choke is working fine when i crank it over it will start after a long while it will kick and then kick and ill give it throttle and it will start but this is after about a half hour of of trying to get it to start if i use starting fluid
on the inital start up it will start fine but i need help the model # is 12518bc i think it is kinda hard to read"

"zach, welcome....! i have a &

"zach, welcome....! i have a '84, 85hp & can only tell you what i did. mine started rough a few years ago. now: don't know much about the bigger/newer motors (yours looks like a '98)
1) adjust the carberators by manual specification
2) carbs (may) need rebuild or at least cleaning
3) primer bulb full & tank vents open
4) new plugs: factory spec here too
these are a few things i did & it helped. last year i ran some seafoam thru & decarbed the motor & that helped as well. hopefully someone with a LOT more expertise will chime in & help but these basics can't hurt. dave"

zach - make sure the throttle

zach - make sure the throttle is wide open (in nuetral of course) once she starts let her run for a little while before you back the throttle down.

it is an 89 motor it is the or

it is an 89 motor it is the origional i had a mechanic do a full tune up on it and he rebuit the carbs duel carbs i have pulled the "shield" on the carb and looked down it while i cranked and it seems that no gas is coming up from the float on the top carb does this seam right if so what can i do

i dont have deep cycle batteri

i dont have deep cycle batteries but i do have two linked basic car batteries hooked up and i can notice it takes a couple seconds to start turning over contunisly could this be the problem

Back