Logo

6768 twin 327 OMC

6768_cavaliers

"I just purchased a pair of 67

"I just purchased a pair of 67/68 Chris Craft Cavalier Futura's which I believe have twin 327 engines that I believe have been winterized. I am new to owning big boats, so if I could get some help with figuring out what I need to do, that would be greatly appriciated A. Get them read for summer B. Things I should look out for when running these engines C. and are they OMC>"

"and if you just bought 4 OMC

"and if you just bought 4 OMC sterndrives, you'll need it

OMC never used 327's. They used 307's and they used 350's.
Any model numbers or pics would help.

Futura sounds more like an inboard model to me though. OMC was not really in the inboard business. They exist, but I have never seen one. that said, I have a friend with an OMC Jetdrive behind a 351 Ford...so there is some weird stuff around in limited numbers"

"Ayuh,...

I may be Wrong,..

"Ayuh,...

I may be Wrong,.. But,..
It's quite possible that Chris-Craft was still doing their own Marine converstions in 1967,...
I know they did before that..."

Thank you for your comments th

Thank you for your comments they are inboard motors.....there are 2 in a 67 Chris Craft Cavalier Futura and 2 are in a 68 Chris Craft Cavalier Futura. They are blue in colour I will try to get more information tomorrow however the boats are under snow.

"I had a chance to look at the

"I had a chance to look at the motors today and took a couple pictures of them. The definitaly say 327F and 210 hp there seems to be a Chris Craft sticker on the motor....that all I had time to check out. Attached is the picture of boats and motors any help is greatly appriciated.
248144.jpg
248145.jpg
248146.jpg
248147.jpg
248148.jpg
"

should post in the Chriscraft

should post in the Chriscraft forum (3 forums down the list) - they aren't omc

Wowzers. Don't know why y

Wowzers. Don't know why you would think they are OMC but good chance they are 283s. Nice blurry pictures. 28 foot? Plyood hull? You have two of these? Maybe I read the thraed too fast.

Sorry about the pictures used

Sorry about the pictures used my cell phone to take them and it was -20 out so steady hands I did not have. They have twin 327 210hp they are 33' long. I have a 1967 and 1968 one with a fly bridge and one with out. They are plywood hull....the only reason I thought they where OMC is that is what someone else indicated to me.....I am new to large boats so I am not to familiar with what is what. Hope this helps

Back